The Federal Government of Canada has recommended this afternoon (March 14) that Canadians traveling abroad should return now, or as soon as possible, as flights may be discontinued.
Also, Canadians should avoid all non-essential travel outside of Canada
Upon return to Canada:
- Self-isolate for 14 days after your return from travel outside of Canada. Some provinces and territories may have specific recommendations for certain groups such as health care workers.
- Monitor your health for fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds and cover your mouth and nose with your arm when coughing or sneezing.
If you develop a fever, cough or difficulty breathing within the 14 days:
- Continue to isolate yourself from others
- Immediately call a health care professional or public health authority and:
- describe your symptoms and travel history
- follow their instructions carefully