On April 12, 2019 Grey County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were called to a gas station on 6 & 10 Highway in the Rockford area for a suspicious male. At the scene OPP officers confronted a male suspect seated in the driver’s seat of a vehicle. The male fled on foot from police initially but was arrested after a brief foot chase.
Grey County OPP have charged a 29-year-old male of Saugeen First Nation with the following charges:
- Operation while prohibited section 320.18 Criminal Code of Canada (CC)
- Driving while Disqualified – court order section 259(4) CC
- Two counts – Fail to Comply with Probation Order section 733.1(1) CC
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Methamphetamine section 4(1) Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- Theft Under $5000 section 334(b) CC
The accused was released on a recognizance and scheduled to appear in Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on May 2nd, 2019.
Grey County OPP Crime Unit continue to investigate the occurrence.