On September 18, 2019 at 11:18 p.m. Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were called to a residence at Highway 21, Saugeen First Nation for an unwanted person believed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
OPP officers attend and located the individual walking on Highway 21. Officers arrested them for being intoxicated in a public place. A search of the accused, incident to arrest, located illegal drugs and a concealed firearm.
A 36-year-old male of Saugeen First Nation has been charged with the following offences:
- Carry Firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition in a careless manner, section 86(1) Criminal Code of Canada (CC)
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm, section 91(1) CC
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order, section 117.01(1) CC
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Methamphetamine, section 4(1) Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance- Cocaine, section 4(1) CDSA
- Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine, section 5(2) CDSA
The accused was remanded into custody at a bail hearing. The next court date at Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound is scheduled for September 24, 2019.