Three new cases have been reported in the past 24 hours in Grey Bruce (2 – Georgian Bluffs; 1 – Brockton) bringing the total confirmed cases to 1,209 (includes 282 cases of Variants of Concern (VOC), 32 active).
“Thank you Grey Bruce communities; keep up the great work! The number of cases continues to decline. What is most reassuring is that about half of the new cases were previously identified as close contacts. As such, they have been in isolation during the past week prior to being identified as a positive case. Having already been in isolation means there will be no secondary transmission from these cases to others. Also, almost all the new cases have been very accommodating in providing complete and detailed information on where they have been and whom they contacted. That information further ensures our Case and Contact management team is better able to further minimize the risk of any additional transmission from these cases,” says Dr. Arra.
· 56 active cases
· 209 active high-risk contacts
· 1148 resolved cases
· 3 confirmed case(s) hospitalized in Grey Bruce due to COVID-19
– +7 case(s) transferred from other Health Unit’s to local Intensive Care Units; all cases remain with the transferring Health Unit and are not reflected in local case counts
· 3 deaths in Grey Bruce
– +1 death related to a Grey Bruce resident that acquired the infection and was treated outside of Grey Bruce
– +1 death related to a Grey Bruce resident that acquired the infection in Grey Bruce however passed away outside of Grey Bruce
· 93 cases reported in health care workers; reports health care workers living in Grey Bruce and working both in and outside Grey Bruce
For larger view, Click on Image
Resolved and Active Cases by Municipality