On July 2, 2020 at 7:11 a.m. Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were advised of a suspicious vehicle travelling from Saugeen Shores along Highway 21, towards Owen Sound.
OPP officers, with assistance from Owen Sound Police Service, stopped the vehicle, a (silver) car. During the stop the driver reversed into an OPP cruiser.
OPP officers arrested both the driver and the passenger for possession of a stolen vehicle. A search of the vehicle revealed possession of illegal drugs. OPP seized 10 grams of fentanyl, valued at approximately $5,000 and over $2,000 in cash and drug paraphernalia.
Grey Bruce OPP have charged the two occupants with the following offences:
A 17 year old male from Kitchener was charged with,
- Possession property obtained by crime under $5,000, section 354(1)(a) Criminal Code of Canada (CC)
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking-opioid, section 5(2) Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA).
A 19 year old male from Kitchener was charged with,
- Possession property obtained by crime under $5,000, section 354(1)(a) CC
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking-opioid, section 5(2) CDSA
- Dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, section 320.13(1) CC
- Drive motor vehicle – no licence, section 32(1) Highway Traffic Act
Both accused were release on Undertakings and are required to appear in Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on September 24, 2020.
Anyone with information that can assist Grey Bruce OPP with this investigation, call 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or submit a secure web-tip at www.cstip.ca, where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.