As families navigate the realities of sending children back to school during the pandemic, Bruce Telecom has partnered with the Municipality of Kincardine, Town of Saugeen Shores, and the Municipality of Arran-Elderslie to offer free WiFi at various outdoor locations for the 2020/2021 school year.
“We recognize the importance of online learning during the pandemic, as well as being outdoors when possible,” says Tom Sullivan, CEO at Bruce Telecom. “We also know more people are still working remotely. We want to do our part by helping students, teachers and families stay connected. We are pleased to partner with our communities to make Outdoor Learning Centres available to those taking online courses, home schooling and working from home.”
He says the free WiFi will be available immediately between 7:00 am and 9:00 pm, seven days a week, until June 30, 2021 at the following locations:
- Coulter Parkette, 583 Green St, Port Elgin
- Victoria Park, 310 Durham Market St. N, Kincardine
Two additional free WiFi sites will be available by mid-October between 7:00 am and 9:00 pm, seven days a week, until June 30, 2021:
- Jubilee Park, 50 Victoria St. S, Southampton
- Chesley Kinsmen Pavilion, 129 4th Ave. SE, Chesley
To connect to Bruce Telecom’s public WiFi network:
- iPhone: Tap on “Settings”, Tap on “Wi-Fi”, select Bruce Telecom Free WIFI
- Android device: Swipe down, select and hold Wi-Fi Symbol, select Bruce Telecom Free WIFI
- PC laptop: Bottom right-hand corner on taskbar, left click on the Wi-Fi symbol, select “Bruce Telecom Free WIFI” and connect
- Mac laptop: Top right-hand corner of taskbar, left click on the Wi-Fi symbol, select “Bruce Telecom Free WIFI” and connect
WiFi signal strength may vary from site.