The Grey Bruce Health Unit has received notice from the Ministry of Health (MoH) that the region will be entering the ‘Yellow’ stage of the re-opening framework as identified by the province.
Moving in to the yellow designation means that the weekly incidence rate is 10 to 24.9 per 100,000 and positivity is at 0.5 to 1.2%.
The COVID-19 lockdown for Grey Bruce is set to end on Tuesday, February 16th. Until then however, the shutdown and stay-at-home orders, currently in effect, remain in place.
When the lockdown is lifted on February 16, 2021, the province will return to its regional-based COVID-19 Response Framework using a color-coded system for each health unit (Green – prevent, Yellow – protect, Orange – restrict, Red – control, Grey – lockdown) to determine safe reopening protocols.
In the re-opening ‘yellow’ stage the following rules apply for organized public events, social gatherings and religious services, rites and ceremonies:
- Limits for functions, parties, dinners, gatherings, barbeques or wedding receptions held in private residences, backyards, or parks where physical distancing can be maintained: – 10 people indoors – 25 people outdoors
- Limits for organized public events and gatherings in staffed businesses and facilities where physical distancing can be maintained:
– 50 people indoors – 100 people outdoors
- Limits for religious services rites or ceremonies, including wedding services and funeral services where physical distancing can be maintained (apply regardless of the venue where held):
-30% capacity of the room indoors – 100 people outdoors
Under the ‘yellow protect’ framework, strengthened measures will still apply:
- Enhanced targeted enforcement, fines and enhanced education to limit further transmission.
- Apply public health measures in high risk settings.
For complete regulations and limits … CLICK HERE