Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound MPP Bill Walker, who also served as Associate Minister of Energy to then-Minister Greg Rickford and who is now succeeded by Todd Smith, MPP for Bay of Quinte, is one of several long-time ministers who is no longer in cabinet.
Thompson has previously served as Minister of Education and Minister of Government and Consumer Services and is being replaced in the latter role by MPP Ross Romano of Sault Ste. Marie.
Thompson said she has been inundated with well wishes from across the province. “I appreciate everyone’s kind words and congratulations. I am honoured to take on the responsibility of Ontario’s Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs. I look forward to working side-by-side with Ontario’s farmers, commodity organizations, processing sector and our rural communities.”
- Jill Dunlop, MPP for Simcoe North, becomes Minister of Colleges and Universities.
- Dr. Merrilee Fullerton, MPP for Kanata-Carleton, becomes Minister of Children, Community and Social Services.
- Parm Gill, MPP for Milton, becomes Minister of Citizenship and Multiculturalism.
- Rod Phillips, MPP for Ajax, becomes Minister of Long-Term Care.
- Dave Piccini, MPP for Northumberland-Peterborough South, becomes Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks.
- Greg Rickford, MPP for Kenora-Rainy River, assumes a merged role as Minister of Northern Development, Mines, Natural Resources and Forestry, as well as remains Minister of Indigenous Affairs. This new northern and economic focused ministry will enhance development potential and sustainability in the North. Energy will transfer to a new separate ministry.
- Todd Smith, MPP for Bay of Quinte, becomes Minister of Energy.
- Rosario Romano, MPP for Sault Ste. Marie, becomes Minister of Government and Consumer Services.
- Prabmeet Singh Sarkaria, MPP for Brampton South, becomes President of the Treasury Board.
- Kinga Surma, MPP for Etobicoke Centre, becomes Minister of Infrastructure.
- Lisa Thompson, MPP for Huron Bruce, becomes Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Stan Cho, MPP for Willowdale, becomes Associate Minister of Transportation, reporting to Minister Mulroney.
- Jane McKenna, MPP for Burlington, becomes Associate Minister of Children and Women’s Issues, reporting to Minister Fullerton.
- Nina Tangri, MPP for Mississauga Streetsville, becomes Associate Minister of Small Business and Red Tape Reduction, reporting to Minister Fedeli.
- Kaleed Rasheed, MPP for Mississauga East-Cooksville, becomes Associate Minister of Digital Government, reporting to Minister Bethlenfalvy.
Peter Bethlenfalvy, MPP for Pickering-Uxbridge and Minister of Finance, will assume responsibility for Ontario’s digital government strategy within the Ministry of Finance.