On Friday, December 10, 2021 the Ontario government, in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health, advised employers to allow their employees to work from home whenever possible as part of:
Echoing the Chief Medical Officer of Health’s recommendations, the Medical Officer of Health for Grey Bruce, Dr. Ian Arra is encouraging all employers within the region to allow staff to work from home whenever possible.
We understand that, during this busy holiday season, many places of employment may be challenged to have their employees work from home. If you are not able to provide this option for your staff, we ask that all workplaces follow the required precautions to keep their staff and customers safe. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Staying home if sick!
· Requiring all staff screen prior to their shift
* If screening positive, staff must not attend work and get tested for COVID-19
* COVID-19 worker and employee screening (ontario.ca)
· Screening Customers
– Businesses and organizations must implement passive screening for patrons by posting signs at all entrances informing people to screen themselves for COVID-19 before entry.
– Active screening is required in accordance with instructions by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health.
* COVID-19 public health measures and advice | COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Ontario
– Businesses, organizations and customers may use the COVID-19 customer screening tool to meet this requirement.
* COVID-19 customer screening (ontario.ca)
· Enforcing vaccine policies as required
– Proof of Vaccination Guidance for Businesses and Organizations under the Reopening Ontario Act
· Physical distancing and line management
· Availability of masks and hand hygiene at entry and exit of your business
– Follow all mask requirements
· Ensure your workplace has a COVID-19 safety plan in place
– Guide to developing your COVID-19 workplace safety plan | ontario.ca
For a list and to review all required and recommended workplace precautions related to COVID-19, please visit the websites below:
. COVID-19 public health measures and advice | COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Ontario
· COVID-19 and workplace health and safety | Ontario.ca
· Emergency information | ontario.ca
· Workplaces and Businesses (publichealthgreybruce.on.ca)
· COVID-19: Help for businesses in Ontario | COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Ontario