On November 19, 2021, NACI (National Advisory Committee on Immunization) announced recommendations for the administration of the pediatric Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to those aged 5-11. As a result, Ontario is expanding eligibility for the pediatric Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to those aged 5-11 years old (turning five prior to the end of 2021 – born in 2016).
The Grey Bruce Health Unit will host vaccine clinics at municipal locations such as arenas and community centres, and schools during non-school hours on a regular basis. Some of these clinics will be designed for people aged 5-11. Parents and guardians can find these clinics on the Grey Bruce Health Unit’s vaccine schedule. Appointments are required for this age group.
On November 23, 2021, parents and guardians of eligible individuals (5-11 years old) could book first and second dose appointments through the COVID-19 Vaccination Portalor by calling the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1-833-943-3900.
For those 5-11, the COVID-19 vaccines should be booked at least 14 days before or after other vaccines. Second doses for this age group MUST BE at least eight weeks after the first dose. Second dose appointments ARE NOT automatically booked when booking your first dose.
If local clinics are not viewable, they will be added in the coming days.
DO NOT CALL THE HEALTH UNIT TO TRY TO BOOK AN APPOINMENT
We are not able to book for you.
Individuals 12 and older still requiring first or second doses, DO NOT need an appointment.
In addition, participating primary care providers and pharmacies may offer the COVID-19 for children and youth.
For detailed information about the Grey Bruce Health Unit’s 5-11 year old vaccination process, and booking your vaccine, please review the Health Unit’s website at:
- Getting Your COVID-19 Vaccine (publichealthgreybruce.on.ca)
- COVID-19 vaccines for children and youth | COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Ontario
For questions or concerns about getting your child vaccinated visit:
- Fact Sheet: COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Youth (ontario.ca)
- SickKids COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service offers appointment by phone to provide a safe, judgement-free space to have an open conversation about the COVID-19 vaccine for children and youth. It is available in multiple languages, using over-the-phone language interpretation.
- The CARD System Learning Hub
- Comfort Measures to Reduce Pain during vaccination
For complete Provincial details, please visit the ministry’s website at: