As Ontario continues to reopen and lift restrictions, including masking now optional effective today March 21st, Bruce County, in a recent media release, reminds residents and businesses that County administration buildings in Walkerton, Kincardine, Port Elgin, and Wiarton, as well as the Bruce County Public Library branches, EarlyON Child & Family Centres, and the Bruce County Museum & Cultural Centre in Southampton, are now open to the public for in-person service, with directions outlined by the Ontario Government and Grey Bruce Public Health being followed.
- Masking is no longer required, as per the direction on the Ontario Government and Grey Bruce Public Health (Mar. 21). Visitors are welcome to continue wearing masks at their discretion.
- County facilities continue to offer hand sanitizer, cleaning measures, and plexiglass barriers at main customer service desks.
Pre-booked appointments are encouraged and can be accessed by contacting a specific department or at:
- Call: 519-881-1291
- Email: email@example.com
- Visit: www.brucecounty.on.ca
Virtual customer service also continues to be available online and over the phone.
- Monitor your health and reschedule visits or use virtual customer service if you are feeling unwell. Do not visit County facilities if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Continue to distance.
- Be kind, considerate, and respectful with each other as people are at varying levels of comfort with reopening and are continuing to make personal health choices.
“I want to thank the residents and businesses of Bruce County for their resiliency and commitment to the community throughout this pandemic”, said Bruce County Warden Janice Jackson, “Ontario is reopening and Bruce County is well-positioned for healthy recovery and growth. We are happy to continue delivering safe customer service experiences and quality essential services like long term care, paramedic services, and road maintenance.”
Bruce County’s Long Term Care facilities in Walkerton and Wiarton continue to follow a robust pandemic response plan and act in full regulatory compliance. All Long Term Care (LTC) health measures that are in place should be followed when visiting LTC homes.