Residents of Bruce County are encouraged to remove hazardous waste materials from their homes, garages, and basements and dispose of them in an environmentally safe manner. To assist with this cleanup effort, Bruce County will be hosting thirteen Household Hazardous Waste Collection events in designated locations across the County in 2021.
Household hazardous waste materials include but are not limited to: paints and stains, propane tanks, used oil, aerosols, batteries, antifreeze, oil filters, solvents, household cleaners, fluorescent lights, fertilizers, fuel, pharmaceuticals, fire extinguishers, pesticides, and pool chemicals.
Residents of Bruce County are welcome to attend any of the following event locations:
- May 1, 2021 – 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- October 2, 2021 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Southampton Works Yard, 429 Peel St., Southampton, ON
- May 8, 2021 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- August 7, 2021 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Kincardine Public Works Yard, 140 Valentine Ave., Kincardine, ON
- June 5, 2021 – 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- South Bruce Municipal Building, 169 Bruce Road 3, Mildmay, ON
- June 5, 2021 – 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
- Bruce County Highways Garage, 545 Ludgard St., Lucknow, ON
- June 19, 2021 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- August 28, 2021 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Bruce County Highways Garage, 94 Bruce Road 2, Walkerton, ON
- June 26, 2021 – 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Town of South Bruce Peninsula Works Garage, 441048 Elm St., Wiarton, ON
- June 26, 2021 – 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- St Edmunds Landfill Site, 71 McArthur Road, Tobermory, ON
- August 14, 2021 – 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Bruce County Transportation Garage, 242 Canrobert St., Paisley, ON
- Sauble Beach
- August 21, 2021 – 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Amabel Works Yard, 413 Municipal Road, Sauble Beach, ON
- Lion’s Head
- August 21, 2021 – 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM
- Eastnor Landfill Site, 1252 West Road, Lion’s Head, ON
Please note that commercial waste, agricultural waste, industrial waste, PCB’s, ammunitions, and flares will not be accepted. Only containers with a volume of 30 litres or less will be accepted. Waste must be received in containers that can be disposed of. Containers will not be emptied and returned (ie. gas cans). Empty metal paint cans are blue box recyclable.
Attendees must remain in their vehicle with windows closed and with waste materials in their open trunk only for unloading. Please do not attend if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Bruce County will be taking all precautions reasonable for their staff and contractors to operate these events during COVID-19. We require resident’s adherence to the protocols in place to deliver this service. The County retains the right to refuse service if protocols are not being followed.
Discover more about Household Hazardous Waste Collection at: